Many hands make light work!
Hundreds of volunteers make a difference in hundreds of lives of people living with difficult situations and circumstances. These volunteers come from all over the place and from all kinds of professions. From students to CEO’s all with the same rewarding goal in mind.... wanting to make a difference!
Taraboom volunteers are donating their time and talents touching some pretty special lives!
Considering a rewarding volunteer opportunity with Taraboom?
Contact our Volunteer Coordinator, Paula Chatterson to share your interest.
Volunteering is fun and rewarding, but it’s also a little more work than just showing up and having a good time.
Stuff to Think About....
- Selfless is the opposite of selfish. Don’t think about what you can do to help yourself. Think about what you can do to help others.
- Know what you’re doing as a volunteer. If you need some time to learn your job, take that time. If you need training or need someone to show you what you’re supposed to do, speak up. If you’re good at your job, it will be much easier to help others (plus you’ll have a lot more fun).
- Stay Committed. Do what you say you’ll do, and do your best. Don’t show up late, and always keep your promises. People will be relying on you so you don’t want to let them down.
- Control your gratifacation. Don’t moan and groan your way through your volunteer work. If you really don’t like what you’re doing, find something else. Always have a positive attitude and show others that you’re doing this because you WANT to.
- Be Humble. Humble people don’t brag or go around telling everyone about all the good things they’ve done just to get some attention or feel superior. They’re happy knowing that they’re making a difference, and don’t need to shout about it.
- Treat others like friends, and they’ll do the same for you. Many people who volunteer meet new people with whom they want to stay friends. You might just meet someone who becomes a buddy for the rest of your life!